This particular recipe from allrecipes.com uses a can of cream of mushroom soup. I don't think the recipe really needs it, but I had a can in the pantry to throw into the pot. Delicious with some seared shrimp!
Cream of Zucchini Soup with Shrimp
adapted from allrecipes.com
4 cups diced zucchini (about two medium squash)
- In a large stock pot saute zucchini, carrots and onion in butter, until done, approximately 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Sear shrimp, about one minute per side. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl combine flour and milk. Mix until smooth and then add to stock pot.
- Cook soup until thickened and then puree with stick blender until smooth and creamy.
- Add cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, wine and yogurt. Simmer until heated through and then serve with shrimp on top.
Yield: 4-6 servings
Total time: 45 minutes, half active